Tuesday, December 20, 2005

First summer day (part 1)

I thought it might be a good idea, to show some pictures explaining what are conditions and what was going on when I took them , I would like to give it a try.

1 June 2005 - First summer day (part 1)

Tallinn, Kadriorg.

It was kinda cold day, sun was hiding in the clouds, temperature dropped to +5 degrees so I put a jacket on. There was a football match going on and my father was working at that time, so I made him a visit with my new camera. It was my first attempt to try out camera outside my flat. The conditions are quite different, the lightning is much stronger, which gives a good selection of exposure times, that I just can't get in a house with normal lightning conditions.

I also wanted to play with camera focus a little. So I decided to shoot some objects nearby - concrete , posts , plants, grass , fence and manhole cover, that came up pretty good with nice focus falloff.







After a few minutes, surprisingly for me, the sky cleared, exposing beautiful high clouds and warm June sun. So I did a few shots of sky. Some birds accidentally got in to the shot, and gave it really unique look:



The football match started. So I went to the viewing stand to see how teams are going to play. The match was interesting to watch, tight competition at the start with a goal on first 10 minutes, and allot of interesting moments with good passes and safes from both goalkeepers. There wasn't much people on the stand but fans did their job well, shouting and playing drums, to support their team. I managed to record a few goals on the video also.



to be continued...

part 1  part 2  part 3

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Nice photos!
    Tallinn seems like a nice place.
    the grass is greener and the sky looks bluer, i dont know maybe it's just your camera.
    Nice to see people in your photos now.
    Will it snow there? I will want to see some snow pics.

    Denny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it snows allot in winter. But I don't have much photos of winter now, it is so cold outside, i would better stay home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dmitri,

    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2006.
    Also I want tro say Thanks for visiting my blog and for those kind comments. Your blog is amazing too. Keep up the good work.
    Gil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, for your wishes. I am glad you found my blog amazing :)

    ReplyDelete